No to Elitism of the Sultnate








The Sultanate of Maguindanao was established by Shariff Kabunsuan to awaken the leadership in the hearts of the Maguindanao people. Stewardship could be the possible motivation behind the birth of the Sultanate.


However, as time progressed, the concept of leadership in Maguindanao stayed stagnant, looking at it as a personal property that should not be transferred to anyone outside the family.



This is the very reason that I am passionate about giving a second look at the concept of 'DATUISM' --not to enforce authority on the non-royalties, but to use royalty as the means to improve the condition of the poor.



I must admit, that being a part of the Sultanate is not fame or privilege but more on the responsibility to the poor.



NO, I am not talking about feeding the poor, nor sustaining the dole-out mentality, but to serve as a conduit to assist and help them feed themselves.



If I could see the entire Sultanate of Maguindanao, with ALL the royal families coming together as one to lobby for the indigent, then I think I have served my part.



This is my commitment as a descendant of Apo Sultan Kudarat.♥




Comments

Popular Posts